Our commitment to operating responsibly includes acting with strong ethics and integrity; adhering to standards of good governance and financial stewardship; supporting our local communities; and managing our environmental footprint. We comply with local laws of every market in which we operate, adhere to industry codes of conduct to which we are a signatory and strive to meet stakeholder expectations. We aim to serve clients who are committed to the same high standards of integrity and accountability.
APCO strives to be a responsible company in everything we do. Our commitment to conducting our business at the highest level of ethics and integrity is derived from the core values that have guided us since our founding.
In a rapidly evolving global context and a time of transformational change, APCO strives to add value to our clients’ enterprises and benefit society. We enable clients to achieve their objectives through insightful counsel, compelling narratives and creative solutions.
The values we put forth – to everyone throughout the organization – reflect our dual commitment to our people and our clients.
- Boldness: We push boundaries and produce better ideas to solve the really challenging problems of our time
- Inclusivity: Our culture champions the diversity of people, embracing their thoughts and experiences
- Curiosity: We hunger for learning and improvement in all we do, keeping us at the cutting edge
- Empathy: We seek to understand the perspectives of clients, colleagues and stakeholders to better meet their needs
These business principles were part of our DNA long before they were put to paper.
- Make client success our measurement of achievement
- Empower people to do great work
- Nurture an organization where everyone is valued
- Rely on one another to achieve personal potential
- Build relationships to build business
- Tell the truth
- Push the boundaries with innovative technology and solutions
- Provide global service culture by culture
Professional standards, memberships & partnerships.
We believe the responsible practice of communication and public affairs is grounded in respect and compliance with local norms and laws, respect for both global and local expectations of good business conduct, as well as adherence to industry codes and rigorous self-regulation. APCO has endorsed and adheres to the following industry codes:
- Association Française des Conseils en Lobbying (France) Code of Ethics
- Association of Professional Political Consultants (UK) Code of Conduct
- Confederation of Indian Industry (India) Code of Business Ethics
- Council of Public Relations Firms (U.S.) Code of Ethics
- Council of Public Relations Firms in Hong Kong (Hong Kong) Code of Ethics
- Degepol (Germany) Code of Conduct
- European Public Affairs Consultancies Association (Europe) Code of Conduct
- Independent Commission Against Corruption (Hong Kong) Prevention of Bribery Ordinance (POBO)
- International Association of Business Communicators (International) Code of Conduct
- Public Relations Consultancies Association (UK) (U.S.) Code of Conduct
- Public Relations Society of America (U.S.) Member Code of Ethics
APCO’s local offices and staff actively lead and participate in or are members of a variety of business organizations including chambers of commerce, business councils, industry groups and societies.
We work in partnership with a number of global organizations, including the International Crisis Group, the International Business Leadership Forum and Business in the Community International. APCO is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact. We comply with UK Human Trafficking, Smuggling and Slavery legislation.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion runs deep.
As a majority women-owned business, diversity has been top of mind at APCO from the start. Our values of empathy and inclusion are core to how we operate internally and how we approach our work for clients—in 2020, APCO reaffirmed its commitment to fighting systemic racism through Accelerate What’s Right. APCO supports the following organizations as partners, members, sponsors or signatories and subscribes to their missions to improve diversity in our industry and the world beyond.